|Head of Vanguard R&D|
|Rank:||Professor, Head of Vanguard R&D|
|Speciality:||Science, Weapon Development|
Prof. Troy Hancock is the Vanguard head of Research and Development. A brilliant yet sadistic scientist, he is the genius behind the Vanguard's more advanced equipment.
Troy has blond hair, usually tied into a pony tail, dark blue eyes and a short chin-beard. He wears glasses and has a small earring in his left ear. His rather 'classic' outfit stands out among the Vanguard's usual military dress code (and really, most dress codes in this day and age). It consists of an old-fashioned shirt, vest and pants and even includes a pocket watch.
On at least one occasion he has been seen wearing boxers with a heart pattern.
Troy's forte lies with his intellect and his brilliant - and often crazy – inventions. As a scientist, his work usually does not take him onto the battlefield, most of it takes place in the lab where he creates his inventions and tests them on his unfortunate victims.
Unfortunately, his quirks and his latent insanity happen to somewhat interfere with his ingenuity and as a result about 80% of his inventions turn out unusable. The other 20%, however, are very significant and dangerous innovations. His achievements include Audrey, his own personal, female A.I., Tessa, the termination test dummy, a gas-powered nail-gun, Compound 82, a very dangerous 'smart acid' and a chemical called DTX-6 (as well as its predecessors, like DTX-5), which can turn human flesh into rubber-like material and is the basis for the Vanguard making deceased Angels into 'Fuck-Dolls'. Some of these inventions are also offered for sale to interested parties.
Despite being a 'lab guy', Troy does not necessarily lose his cool when faced with a potentially dangerous situation like having to deal with an Angel. While he avoids direct hand-to-hand combat, he is able to use his intelligence and his various creations to set traps, kill or just incapacitate his enemies. Due to his need for test subjects, preferably the latter.
Troy Hancock is a mad genius: brilliant, eccentric and sadistic. He likes to experiment on human subjects, particularly young, beautiful women, to see them suffer and is not above sexually abusing them when he gets the opportunity. Despite those rather dark character traits, he usually seems to be in a good mood, is often smiling, joking and acts politely. He apparently perceives his surroundings with great scientific interest and enthusiasm.
His wardrobe as well as some of his inventions – like his nail-gun – also point to a fascination with a somewhat steampunky style and technology.
Early Life and Career
After graduating from university, Troy at first worked for the army as an engineer. However, he soon joined the Vanguard instead, to be able to continue his research free from ethical restrictions (likely such as 'not torturing and killing humans in the process').
Troy does not have any visible standard equipment besides his outfit, but he has been seen wielding his nail-gun in one case and did rely on an codeword-triggered automatic tranquilizer gun in another.
- Character Intro: Nailed! (Major Role)
- Character Intro: Two New Dolls (Mentioned)
- Faction Profile: The Vanguard (Major Role)
- Character Intro: Natural Reflex (Major Role)
- Character Intro: Skinny Dipping (Mentioned)